Monday, May 20, 2013

Japanese yew #2 part 1

I have decided to treat myself for the second birthday. so I acquired this Japanese yew. It comes form Asia, Japan or Korea and obviously was worked on by artists since many years. the deadwood is exceptional,, but not well visible. Te whole tree looks way overgrown and a bit neglected. the front branch is way too big and probably has to go. The tree should look like a very old one in the mountains and not like broccoli on a fat stick. Anyway when I got the tree i was a bit disappointed. Compared to the amount paid that my lady must never ever find out about it did not look quite as promising. I am spoiled I have dozens of this kind´ind of potential hanging around. But they were cheaper. Anyway this is a real challenge. I have to consider my age. Whatever i acquire now should be in show condition after a few years and not decades. So we will see.